27th July, 1897:The Prefecture Apostolic of the British Solomons.
1st July, 1912:Apostolic Vicariate of the South Solomons
15th November, 1966:Diocese of Honiara
22nd December, 1978:Archdiocese of Honiara
The area under the care of the Archdiocese includes the five Provinces
of Guadalcanal, Makira and Ulawa, Temotu, Central Islands and Rennell and Belona and the area governed by the Honiara
Town Council. Total land area measures 10,726sq. kms.